An Update From Ethiopia
October 22, 2022
While our founders, Ian & Brittany, are working from our Addis Ababa factory this month, we wanted to share some updates!
- While many companies laid off workers and cut wages due to the pandemic, 2020 saw us celebrate new hires and increased wages, thanks to more orders than ever (a.k.a. your support).
- We've just finished building a small cafe and garden on our factory grounds, so employees can grab a discounted coffee, enjoy healthy meals, and get to know their coworkers.
- For the second consecutive year, we've been recognized as the largest exporter of Ethiopian leather, proving that ethical business and successful business can be one and the same.
- "When I first joined, I heard the big vision of Parker Clay – I wasn’t sure if it would be possible. Now I'm seeing it happen in front of my eyes!" - Suria, one of the first stitchers on our team
- As with every visit, we spent a day with our leadership team, made up of about 20 people and 80% women, ensuring representation for all of our employees and maintaining transparency.
- Before we leave, we'll celebrate with Family Day – a big lunch for all of our employees to celebrate their achievements. We wish we could have you all join us!